Following three days of touring, walking, and learning, I think it will be time for some good old rest and relaxation. And what is more relaxing than sitting in a seat for a few hours to take in some high-quality entertainment? New York City is home to one of the most famous theater districts in the world: Broadway.
Named for the wide street that it sits on, the Broadway theatre district consists of more than 40 professional theatres, each with a minimum of 500 seats. Needless to say, it has become one of the main attractions that the city has to offer. In fact, in 2010 Broadway sold more than $1 billion worth of tickets, according to http://www.broadwayleague.com/.
Countless famous shows have taken their turn on Broadway, and I would forever regret it if I didn't go to at least a couple of shows. Some of the more popular shows to have appeared on Broadway include: the Lion King, Mama Mia, the Phantom of the Opera, and many more. Seeing as Broadway is only a short walk from my hotel, I hope to be able to catch a couple shows at least. However, there is one show that I would like to see above all the rest: The Book of Mormon. This play is an adult-themed puppet show that discusses the history of mormons, as written by Matt Stone and Trey Parker, the two writers for South Park. So far it has received unbelievable reviews and tickets are sold out. I will be searching eBay and other auction sites to attempt to get tickets before going, where tickets for shows are around $50 per show.
For information or to buy tickets for shows, I will be referencing http://www.broadway.com/.
http://tinyurl.com/4aqwv4y
http://tinyurl.com/4h53j5n
http://tinyurl.com/4re2p5v
http://tinyurl.com/4sgx9ul
http://tinyurl.com/4batw6g

No comments:
Post a Comment