Day one of my trip will hopefully begin very early in the morning. My plan is to leave as early as possible, so as to maximize my time spent vacationing. We will land at LaGuardia and Airport and be taken to Times Square. We will either check into the W Times Square, or leave our bags with the front desk if we are too early to check-in. There is no reason for the whole first day to be wasted as a travel day. As a result, I hope to get out right away and start exploring.
My first day on the town will be spent making myself accustomed to my new surroundings. I've decided that I want to begin my trip by visiting some of the most famous landmarks that the city has to offer. My first stop will be a quick subway ride away to Battery Park. Here we can walk around the 25-acres of parkland while being overshadowed by the skyscrapers of the downtown core. The park is right along the Hudson River and Faces the New York Harbour.
The next stop of the day will involve taking a ferry across the river to Liberty Island. Here I will see one of the most famous statues in the entire world: The Statue of Liberty. The giant green woman was donated to the US from France in 1886, and has since stood as a symbol of, you guessed it, Liberty. The tour takes visitors all the way up to her crown, where tourists can take pictures. I imagine the view must be stunning.
While the Statue of Liberty certainly offers a wonderful view of the city, the one lookout point that puts all the others to shame is the Empire State Building. The 102-story behemoth stood as the world's tallest building for over 40 years. The American Society of Civil Engineers even declared it as one of the Seven Wonders of the World. I would be a fool to pass up visiting a World Wonder, so it is a must during this first day.
If I have enough time left in the day, the last great building that I would love to visit is Grand Central Station. I have seen the terminal itself many times in countless movies, but experiencing it first-hand would be entirely different. It must be just gorgeous on the inside, and I would love to take a picture on the platform.
What a great way to start my trip! I can't believe how much more is still to come!
http://tinyurl.com/4ruccwn
http://tinyurl.com/4auj4ho


No comments:
Post a Comment