Monday, March 21, 2011

Location, Location, Location

When I think of visiting New York City, there is only one place that I picture staying: Times Square. The districts bright lights, loud noises, and big attractions are second to none. The Times Square region has over 25 different hotels to choose from (see map of Times Square below). The W Times Square, The Westin, and Trump Towers are all world-class hotels that could offer a memorable stay. I plan on staying at the W Times Square, as it appears to be one of the more central locations in Times Square. The hotel room, which will surely be my biggest expense of the trip, will cost about $400 per night, according to the hotel's website (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/whotels/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1234). The hotel rooms themselves are not very big, but I don't plan on spending very much time in the room anyways.

Underneath: Map of the hotels of downtown New York. Corners (starting at top left going clockwise): Trump Towers, The W Times Square, The Millenium Hilton, The Westin New York


Lots of the activities that I wish to do will be farther than walking distance from whichever hotel I choose. However, I will try my hardest to take the subway whenever it is not possible to walk. Maybe it's because I'm from Ottawa, which has no subway, but for whatever reason, I find subways fascinating. They are underground tunnels that connect the entire city. New York's subway system weaves throughout the entire city and I don't see it being a problem to get to most of the attractions by subway. I will take cabs as sparingly as possible, in hopes of using my money where it counts most, entertainment.


Speaking of money, I am lucky that lately the Canadian Dollar has been hovering at around par with the American Dollar. As a result of this my vacation will be cheaper than it would have been in the past. It may not sounds like much of a difference, but the few dollars saved here and there will allow me to do more while visiting.

http://tinyurl.com/4d4rr4t
http://tinyurl.com/4c2mwme
http://tinyurl.com/4p6gn9p
http://tinyurl.com/4uwhzep
http://www.timessquarehotelservice.com/dining.html
http://tinyurl.com/6ba5w39

No comments:

Post a Comment