Monday, March 21, 2011

The Food!!

New York City is known for it's metropolitan selection of cuisine. From elegant eateries to character-filled delis, the city has a wide array of food that can satisfy any palate. When I visit New York, I plan on eating at a well-known restaurant at least once a day. The one thing about New York is that is very big. As a result, I must plan my restaurant trips based on where my day takes me, rather than planning specific trips for the restaurants. I am not sure which restaurant I will attend each day, but I have selected a few that I am particularly keen on trying. To help me make my choices, I consulted the 2010 Zagat's New York Restaurant Guide. There are so many different types of food all over the city and the guide was very helpful in determining which restaurant to choose for each type of cuisine. My selections are as follows:

American Cuisine: Gramercy Tavern - Zagat's "Most Popular" restaurant 6 of the past 10 years

Elegant: Gordon Ramsay at the London - Chef Ramsay is one of the best in the world

Sushi: Sasabune - Zagat's "Top Sushi" winner multiple times

Burger: Burger Joint - Zagat's "Best Burger" winner

Pizza: DiFara Pizza - One of Zagat's "Top Pizza" winners

Deli: Carnegie Deli - World-renowned for their sandwiches

These eateries have a large range when it comes to price and line-ups. The Gordon Ramsay restaurant will be the most expensive by far, around $100 per person. The burger and pizza places will be the cheapest by far, probably under or around $10. When it comes to lines, some of these restaurants won't even have one. Many places in New York see so many customers daily that they operate on a reservation-only basis. It will take some research ahead of time to determine which of the restaurants, such as the Gordon Ramsay one of course, will require reservations. No matter which of the eateries listed above I actually make it to, I am sure that my stay in NYC will satisfy my stomach.



http://tinyurl.com/24a4xl
http://tinyurl.com/6hqhs86
http://tinyurl.com/5vz8b5u

No comments:

Post a Comment