Monday, March 21, 2011

Day Six - Central Park on the Last Day

Wow, the sixth and final day of my dream vacation is already here. There's still so much left to be done though. Just because it will be my final day on vacation doesn't mean that it will be the worst. Thanks to my unbelievable planning skills, I have arranged for a late flight home, so as to maximize vacationing time. My belongings will be left at the hotel until departure, so I don't need to carry them around with me. With my final few hours, I must take advantage of the pleasantries that New York City has to offer. Walking through Times Square will most surely remind me of going back to my quiet Canadian home, to I think a walk through Central Park is in order.

Central Park is a city-owned park made up of over 848 acres, and is located in the very centre of Manhattan. The park has been a National Historic Landmark since 1963 and receives approximately 25 million visitors every year. The park's many fields and ponds make for lots of fun activities, such as bird-watching, boating, horse-carriage rides, and lots of different sports. As well as the activities scattered throughout the park, there are many beautiful statues and sculptures on display. There is so much to be seen in this park and hopefully I will be able to experience a lot. Walking through Central Park will certainly be the perfect way to end such a dream vacation. After the stroll it's time to grab a bite to eat and head to LaGuardia for my return-flight back to Toronto. It has been a very hectic few days, but I will never forget what I have seen.

http://tinyurl.com/5uuaw9o
http://tinyurl.com/68hu438

No comments:

Post a Comment