Spring may not be the most busy time of year in New York, but it is definitely the most beautiful. New York's climate is very similar to that here in London, and in May it is usually around 15 degrees Celcius. There are multiple parks scattered throughout the downtown core, and come Springtime they all start bursting with new life. Whether rain or shine, the serene ponds, winding walkways, and open fields are packed with people enjoying nature. I have always dreamed of visiting Central Park and walking through the carefully-manicured paths as all of the trees and flowers are blooming.
Springtime in New York has been known as a fairly rainy season, which can mean flight delays or cancellations. To ensure the best flight schedule, a flight must be booked long in advance. Ideally, I would like to fly out on an early flight and return home on a late flight. This way I can maximize my time spent touring the city. Another time-saving tip will be to choose the airport that is closest to Manhattan, since this is where Times Square is located. LaGuardia Airport is closer to Manhattan than JFK, and will therefore be my airport of choice (see map below). Flights from Toronto International Airport to LaGuardia during the beginning of May start at about $170 each way, according to www.aircanada.ca. This price will change depending on which day of the week and which time is preferred. I will not have any work during this period, so I will do research to ensure the most efficient schedule is selected.
http://www.iloveny.com/
http://tinyurl.com/4qh83oq
http://tinyurl.com/4djkl9m
No comments:
Post a Comment